Day 16 of this 35 day journey. 19 Days left
Feeling really good today, I am now at that point of the detox where it is second nature, I have stopped feeling hungry and I feel healthy and positive.
Feeling strong and my leg strength is definitely coming back now, even on a reduced calorie and protein detox.
- 5 mins skipping (jump rope) sprints to warm up – I didn’t want to do too much CV on lg days as I wanted max strength (hard to achieve at the start of a fast).
- Hamstring Curls – 1 giant set of 70 curls on 20 kgs. These are a killer and really have the hams aching and the legs firing on all cylinders
- Knee Extensions – 3 sets of 10 reps at 80 kgs (1 min rest between sets). I decided to do the knee extensions as a means of pre-exhausting the muscles. See this link for further explanation; http://www.musclemag.com/muscle-building/pre-exhaust-your-muscles-to-awaken-new-growth/#.UsxTrPQW2yo
- Squats – 1 set of 15 reps at 100kgs + Olympic bar (20kgs) = 120Kgs 1 set of 10 reps at 140 kgs + Olympic bar (20kgs) = 160Kgs 1 set of 8 reps at 160 kgs + Olympic bar (20kgs) = 180Kgs 1 1 set of 6 reps at 180 kgs + Olympic bar (20kgs) = 200Kgs 2 minutes rest between sets
- Calf raises – 1 set of 10 reps at 135 kgs 1 set of 10 reps at 155 kgs 1 set of 10 reps at 165 kgs 1 set of 10 reps at 175 kgs 1 minute rest between sets
Juices, Nutrition and Supplements.
Menu for Today:
Warm Lemon and Ginger Water (pint)
Juice 1 – Pineapple, apple and grapefruit
Juice 2: Green Juice: Apple, Cucumber, sikuma wiki (a Kenyan spinach cross between spinach and kale), broccoli, celery rocket and lemon juice.
Juice 3: Carrot, apple, beetroot and ginger
Juice 4: Green Juice: Apple, Cucumber, sikuma wiki (a Kenyan spinach cross between spinach and kale), broccoli, celery rocket and lemon juice.
plenty of water drank throughout.
- Green Tea and chili capsules
- Hemp Protein